Haworth, Oxenhope, Stanbury, Oldfield, Cross Roads and Oakworth. Whilst taking other measures to combat poverty as appropriate.
The area we cover is the Worth Valley Electoral Ward. You can see a map of the area we cover HERE.
We originally provided a twice weekly service on Tuesdays and Fridays – one hour each session, providing both a walk-up facility and home delivery service.
Emergency Food Parcel serviceThe Foodbank now operates on Tuesdays from 1pm to 3pm, providing both deliveries and walk up services.
Holiday Food Vouchers For Local Primary School ChildrenWe also provide Aldi food vouchers, funded by our donors, for the families of local Primary school children on free school meals. These have been given out by staff at the schools every half term and every school holiday for the past three years. We estimate that our donors have funded vouchers to the tune of between £10,000 and £12,000 during this time.
Local families say that it's made a huge difference to their ability to feed their children during the school holidays.
Thank you to all our generous donors for enabling this vital work to continue.
We're based at the West Lane Baptist ChurchThe Food Bank entrance is on the left of the church next to the Church and Community Office.
Food Donation Points
- The Spar – Haworth
- The Co-ops in Oakworth, Oxenhope and Haworth
- West Lane Baptist Church
- St James Cross Roads
Collection BucketLook out for the pink or black collection bucket at your nearest donation point.
- Weekly contact and support given to vulnerable individuals and families within our community
- Many out of hours deliveries to vulnerable people.
- Positive Links with other organisations including local primary schools
- Positive links with local supermarkets - Spar Haworth, Co-Ops in Oakworth, Oxenhope and Haworth and Morrisons in Keighley
- Maintaining a 7 day per week telephone service
- Maintaining a constant social media presence on Facebook with regular news and updates
- Maintaining a weekly pickup service from our donation collection points at the Spar and Co-ops in Oakworth, Oxenhope and Haworth.
- Distributing extra goodies at both Easter and Christmas.
- Providing food vouchers to all children of primary school age in receipt of free school meals, every half term and every school holiday for the past three years.